Are you a runner, triathlete, occasional 5K participate? Do you want to be? We have started a new fundraising idea with you in mind called Move Your Feet for Loeys-Dietz. This campaign makes use of the online site CrowdRise and the idea works like this:
- Find an athletic event you want to participate in. Any event will do. Local 5K, Swim meet, Boston Marathon, Ironman. We will let you choose.
- Go to our CrowdRise page and click on Create a Fundraiser.
- Fill out the form so the world will know what event you are participating in and why.
- Tell your friends, family, random strangers you meet on the street about your event. You can even share your new event page on Facebook and through email.
- Ask them to donate to your fundraiser and to share it with their friends.
- Don’t forget to tell the foundation so we can help promote your event too! We will feature you and your event on Facebook and loeysdietz.org.
- Send us your CrowdRise profile photo, and we will add our Move Your Feet for Loeys-Dietz logo to it.
- Donations made to your event, from the CrowdRise website, help to support the LDSF mission.
It is as easy as that!